We are hosting a virtual workshop series during fall semester 2023 to help UA researchers improve their reproducibility and data science skills!
- Become comfortable with sharing and collaborating on research products on GitHub using git
- Learn approaches for how to better organize research projects and their corresponding code, including intermediate R skills
- Be able to document projects in several ways, including Rmarkdowns and READMEs
This workshop series will not cover statistical methods or modeling, mathematics, introductory R, or any other programming languages besides shell, git, and R. These topics can be taught separately by request.
The complete lesson materials will be taught over ten sessions (see topic and dates on website page) consisting of code-along learning, through which participants will iteratively build and practice their skills.
Then, participants will apply their new skills to personal research projects.
We will host two follow-up sessions on October 17 and October 24 to:
- check-in for updates and problem solving
- showcase student projects